Just because you’re in the market for a quality pair of headphones that will provide you with an amazing listening experience (and also be super comfortable), doesn’t mean you have to remortgage your house just to cover the costs.
Fortunately, there are lots of great headphones out there for reasonable prices, but we don’t expect you to scour the web to find them. We’ve done the difficult work for you and brought to you the best headphones under $200 right here.
1. Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
Our top pick for best headphones under 200 is this highly popular pair of Beats Solo 3 Wireless headphones. Beats have been dominating the industry for years now and are known for their amazing sound quality and up-to-date technology, which makes using their products so convenient.
The Solo 3s comes with Bluetooth connectivity. This way, you’ll be able to save yourself the hassle of untangling cables and listening to music on your smartphone or work on your computer, without having to have them plugged in.
The design on the headphones is implemented with technology to allow you to adjust the volume settings, pause your music or skip to the next song, by pressing the seamless buttons on the left earpiece, preventing you from having to do it via your phone or computer.
They offer up to 40 hours of wireless listening pleasure before needing to be charged again. You may not need to charge the Solo’s up for weeks on end, depending on their usage.
They also have Fast Fuel capability that will give you 3 hours of battery life after only 5 minutes of charging.
They have an adjustable and super comfortable fit with cushioned ear cups – which are perfect for all-day use if you’re working on your computer.
The headphones produce premium sound quality and fine-tuned acoustics to maximize any genre or listening preferences.
- Wireless connectivity – No annoying cables and allows you to work hands-free
- 40 hours of battery life – You’ll rarely have to charge them
- Sleek and adjustable design – Look great and can fold for easy portability
- Premium sound quality – Good for all music genres
- Not ideal for sweaty gym sessions – Cushioning material can start to peel away
2. Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
Whether you’re a budding DJ or a general music listener, these Audio-Technica studio monitor headphones will need to be a hot contender for you.
The sound quality has been praised by top sound engineers as they produce exceptional clarity and have a deep and accurate bass response.
The design contours of the ear cups provide excellent sound isolation, so, if you’re walking through a city at rush hour or working in a co-working studio, then you’ll be able to stay in the zone.
The 90-degree swiveling earcups offer easy one-ear monitoring – which is perfect for music producers and DJs.
The earpads are made up of a professional-grade material and will deliver both durability and comfort throughout your time of using them.
They come with a detachable cable and the design is also collapsible for easy portability and keeps your workstation tidy.
The Audio Technica headphones come with two inclusive cables in different lengths for both on the go listening and working in the studio.
However, compared to other models from the Audio Technica brand, the ATH-M50x is slightly heavier – which may bother some people – but, the weight shouldn’t feel uncomfortable when wearing on the head.
- 90-degree swivel ear cups – Ideal for one-ear listening
- 2 different length cables included – Suits all listening preferences
- Professional sound quality – Suitable for DJs and music producers
- Cushioned ear cups and headband – Delivers comfort for all-day wear
- The audio jack is made of a cheap material – The tip is prone to breaking
3. Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm Over-Ear Studio Headphones
These Beyerdynamic over-ear headphones are well suited for a professional working in the music industry who doesn’t want to break the bank on their equipment.
The earpads are made of a soft velour material to ensure high-wearing comfort and durability. They’re also replaceable – meaning you’ll be able to swap them out for some new earpads instead of replacing the headphones entirely.
The velour is also more durable for working out, as the sweat won’t cause any material to peel away. However, these headphones are not predominantly suited for exercise.
The high-resolution sound is perfect for studio and stage recordings and the closed, over-ear design, offers isolated listening and playback.
These headphones come in a sleek black or gray design, depending on your taste and will easily make your working, or listening set-up, look more professional.
The Beyerdynamic headphones, like many other products from the German brand, are made with robust quality materials, which can last you for years to come.
These headphones are not the most portable. They do not come with a detachable cable as they’re designed for studio use, so using them on the go may not be as convenient.
- Soft velour ear cups – Durable, comfortable, and replaceable
- High-resolution sound – Ideal for professional use in the studio and stage
- Sleek design – Looks very professional
- Cable is not detachable – Not the most convenient for on-the-go use
4. AKG Pro Audio K240 STUDIO Over-Ear
Next up is this budget-friendly pair of headphones from AKG that are designed for studio use and come with a detachable cable for more convenient portability.
They have advanced 30mm XXL transducers that deliver a dynamic range with increased sensitivity and sound levels for the ultimate listening experience.
They produce a solid bass range and great highs, which is ideal for professionals and those who work in a studio.
If you’re someone who works in the recording industry, these headphones will be a great choice. They’re also an ideal candidate for podcasters who want a neutral vocal response.
These headphones are not recommended for use on the go, especially on public transportation, as the sound leaks through the open-back design and those around you will be able to hear exactly what you’re listening to.
The earpads that come with the AKG Pro Audio headphones are replaceable, so if they become too worn to wear, you’ll be able to purchase replacements instead of buying new headphones.
The structure of the headphones is flexible and durable, so they’ll be able to endure one-ear listening and rough handling without losing their quality.
They have a self-adjusting headband to deliver a more comfortable and accurate fit to your head.
They come with a 3-meter detachable cable and a convertible jack plug that makes connecting to portable audio equipment easier. The detachable cable comes in handy if a replacement ever becomes necessary in the future.
- Long detachable cable – Great for working in the studio and on the road
- 30mm XXL transducers – Amazing sound performance
- Flexible adjustable headband – Offers one-ear listening and ultimate comfort
- Not the best for female users – Long hair can get stuck when removing them
5. JBL LIVE 650BTNC Around-Ear Wireless Headphone
Last but not least is the JBL Live Around-ear Wireless headphones that have noise cancellation capabilities for staying focussed on your music and blocking out the world.
These JBL headphones are designed with a Bluetooth connection so you won’t have to deal with messy cables every time you wear them.
There is also a multi-point connection for Bluetooth which will allow you to switch from one device to another, so you won’t ever miss a phone call when listening to music on your tablet.
The 40mm drivers deliver the signature JBL sound that will ensure quality sound performance, regardless of what you’re listening to.
They can provide up to 20 hours of wireless listening and only a quick 15-minute charge will offer around 2 additional hours of listening. Ideal for when you forget to charge them before the gym.
The headphones come with a plug-in audio cable, so even if your headphone battery dies when you’re out, you can continue your listening experience.
The JBL voice assistant built into the design will also allow you to check the weather, text your friend and select your favorite playlist without having to go directly on your smartphone.
The cushioned ear cups are comfortable and replaceable, if necessary, and the padded headband is adjustable to fit your head shape for all-day comfortability.
- JBL voice assistant included – Offers hands-free access to your phone
- Quick charging time – Provides 2 hours of listening in only 15 minutes
- Plug-in capability – This allows you to continue listening when the battery is dead
- Battery life is poorer than other brands – Will require more frequent charging